The 2020 Central Northland Science and Technology Fair will go ahead in August 2020, but not as you know it! We have decided to run the Science Fair by posting entries online.
The idea is to keep things as simple as possible and changes made to the format will not necessarily carry through to next year. This year there will be no research, investigation or technology categories – just a project based on a science or technology topic.
Projects will be judged in one of the following subjects:
- The Living World
- Dairy & Primary Industry
- Matauranga Maori
- Environmental Management/Conservation
- Pure Science (Maths, Chemistry, Physics)
There will also be awards for best of year etc.
Entries must be submitted as one of the following:
- A video (maximum 3-5 mins) of a display board with a verbal explanation.
- A PowerPoint presentation (3-5 mins) with no more than 8 slides with a voice over including responses to the questions below.
- A PDF page of a presentation poster and a written page of responses to the questions below.
The verbal explanation/voice over/written page should include responses to these questions:
- What is the larger issue or question you are trying to address?
- What was the Purpose of your research/investigation? (e.g. Why was the study done or What were theAims/Objectives?)
- A brief account of the Method
- What were the Results, Conclusions and Recommendations?
Register your student’s projects using our online form and then upload their exhibit files to the dropbox link provided by email by 14th August 2020 for judging.